Why Study in Taiwan?
Taiwan is regarded as:
- "Hidden center of the global economy." (BusinessWeek, 2005)
- Cradle of many famous high-tech companies, such as TSMC, Acer, Trend-Micro, ASUS, UMC, AUO, RITEK, ZyXEL and BenQ.
- Gate to the East Asia (Japan, China, Hong Kong and Korea).
National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) is:
- The best Taiwanese university in scientific and engineering fields.
- Major partner of HsinchuSciencePark, the heart of Taiwan’s technology.
- Prestigious school with strong alumni in industry and academic institutes.
Why ESS in NTHU?
The Department of Engineering and System Science at NationalTsingHuaUniversity is truly an interdisciplinary enterprise. It is the best interdisciplinary engineering program in Taiwan and remains in the top tier of similar academic programs in Asia. It is your best choice for the following reasons:
- A broad range of future-technology application domains.
Teaching and research focus on the future trends, such as energy engineering, engineering physics and micro-system/nanotechnology. Our students have more flexibility in selecting their course work and research direction.
- Abundant research resources.
Our department's research expenditures exceed $3 million USD annually. Many of our current faculty members are involved in high-tech, on the cutting edge research for many prestigious institutions and famous companies including National Science Council, Taiwan Power Company, AU Optronics and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company. With various areas of specialty, anyone can find a place in our lab facilities.
- The privilege of job security and satisfaction.
Some Companies and Institutes which have hired our graduates：Motorola, TSMC, AUO, UMC, Taiwan Power Company, ASUS, IBM, Argonne National Lab.(USA), ITRI, Texas A&M Univ., Univ. of Texas at Austin, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Univ. of California at Berkeley and Oxford Univ..
NTHU ESS-Your Best Choice!